Two Little Chicks

This is my blog where I share all of the ridiculously proud moments (and devastating blows) that fill my days as a mother and wife - sickening really. I'm married to a really special guy who is more than I ever imagined. I also have two beautiful little girls who bring light to each day of my life. As of this writing my youngest is 3 1/2 years old. My great big girl is 8 1/2 years old.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Kingdom

Nearly every night before bed lately Rosie will ask me if the following day is to be a "Mommy & Rosie" day. This started when I went back to work and school and instead of spending every day together our time became more limited. I love it when I can say, "Yes, tomorrow is a Mommy & Rosie day" because it makes her so happy. Last night when I told her today was in fact a Mommy & Rosie Day she asked if we could play Kingdom. How could I resist!?

So today we played Kingdom which is an entirely new game for us. That little girl has the most vivid imagination. Kingdom involves all things girly. I wish I would have taken a photo. We dressed her all up in dress up clothes and we dressed me all up in prince clothes. I opted out of the princess role because it would have involved me in an old bridesmaid dress. It was a great morning I must say.

When it was time to clean up she left the room to put something away and came back and asked me if I knew how she felt. I said I imagined she was kind of sad because we were cleaning up and she said no, she was happy because I was there with her. Which of course warmed my heart in unimaginable ways! I have been trying to be more playful with Rosie and spend more one-on-one time with Ivy - those are two of my goals. It is absolutely amazing to see the effect it has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home