Two Little Chicks

This is my blog where I share all of the ridiculously proud moments (and devastating blows) that fill my days as a mother and wife - sickening really. I'm married to a really special guy who is more than I ever imagined. I also have two beautiful little girls who bring light to each day of my life. As of this writing my youngest is 3 1/2 years old. My great big girl is 8 1/2 years old.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The house of cardboard

We were expecting to move into our new house this weekend so the majority of our worldly goods are wrapped up in cardboard boxes. It looks like we will be moving next weekend instead - we are keeping our fingers crossed. We went by the new house last night and it is beautiful! It is cozy and warm and just right for our family. I am looking forward to being in our own home again. There is something to be said to living in a home of our own over a rental. Which is ironic considering we technically only own 20% of it!

If we are able to move next weekend, we will be moving a year to the day of when we moved down here. So crazy to think we have been here a year already. I think back to how anxious I was during that time and how it felt like the bottom had dropped out of my world. I can honestly say now that we are settled and this is home. Things are good, they are predictable again, in a comforting sort of way. I know where to shop, I see familiar faces when I go out and there is a routine to follow. I am happy to be here.

1 Comments:

Blogger O and F said...

good luck with your move... so exciting to have a place of your own!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home