Two Little Chicks

This is my blog where I share all of the ridiculously proud moments (and devastating blows) that fill my days as a mother and wife - sickening really. I'm married to a really special guy who is more than I ever imagined. I also have two beautiful little girls who bring light to each day of my life. As of this writing my youngest is 3 1/2 years old. My great big girl is 8 1/2 years old.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Last Thursday, a 6th grade boy at Ivy's school and the school where I've been interning, accidentally killed himself with his step-father's gun. A horrible tragedy for the entire community and expecially his mother. Just days before Mother's Day. I can not imagine her pain and I hope I never have to experience it. But it is a solid reminder of how life is fragile and can easily slip away when we least expect it. That any moment with our children can be our last. I am so grateful my children never slipped away during the night after I lost my temper while they were brushing their teeth, or ran infront of a car after I rushed them through the morning routine. While tragic, Zach's death has reminded me to take it slow and be more present in these few short moments I have with my beautiful little girls.

1 Comments:

Blogger O and F said...

oh, that makes my heart hurt. but yes, every moment is precious. happy mother's day to you...

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home